Posted to alt.home.repair
Big Al

Default Plastic slides for aluminum windows

My home was built in 1973. It has windows that slide horizontally. The
windows have two small plastic slides, one near each end. Some of mine are
missing. Been all over looking for some new ones, no luck. Any ideas would
be welcome.

Al

Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang

Big Al wrote:
My home was built in 1973. It has windows that slide horizontally. The
windows have two small plastic slides, one near each end. Some of mine are
missing. Been all over looking for some new ones, no luck. Any ideas would
be welcome.

Al

Hi,
You could try glass shop like where they replace wind shield, cut plate
glass, repair storm windows, etc.
Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

On Mon, 17 Apr 2006 00:07:58 GMT, Tony Hwang wrote:

Big Al wrote:
My home was built in 1973. It has windows that slide horizontally. The
windows have two small plastic slides, one near each end. Some of mine are
missing. Been all over looking for some new ones, no luck. Any ideas would
be welcome.

Al

Hi,
You could try glass shop like where they replace wind shield, cut plate
glass, repair storm windows, etc.

That's not a bad idea. I bought some clear plastic L molding, I think
it is used to keep people from scuffing the outside corners of plastic
walls, especially children, especially in the kitchen. I was going to
cut slides out of that, but haven't gotten around to it yet. Not sure
exactly what the op wants, but this will fit pretty well for me.

My windows slide pretty well anyhow,

And it might also be possible to rearrange the window panes so that a
different one is slid from in the previous 30 years. I say might
because the weather stripping can be different on each pane. It might
be easier to take a plastic slide from a good pane and put it on a
pane that has to slide.