Posted to alt.home.repair
Jud McCranie

Default hot tub temperature

We're looking at getting a hot tub. Some of the ones I've look at
have temperature ranges 80-100 degrees F. Is 100F hot enough (I
thought they went to 102 or 104).
---
Replace you know what by j to email
Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B

"Jud McCranie" wrote in message
We're looking at getting a hot tub. Some of the ones I've look at
have temperature ranges 80-100 degrees F. Is 100F hot enough (I
thought they went to 102 or 104).

RTFM.

IIRC, federal health regulations put the limit at 104. The manual to the
spa will state the temp range.

100 is a common setting. Above that can cause health problems with some
individuals.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang

Jud McCranie wrote:
We're looking at getting a hot tub. Some of the ones I've look at
have temperature ranges 80-100 degrees F. Is 100F hot enough (I
thought they went to 102 or 104).
---
Replace you know what by j to email

Hi,
Has to be higher than our typical body temperature.
100F = 37.8C, I'd like to see it goes upto 40C at least.
Posted to alt.home.repair
Grumman-581

"Tony Hwang" wrote in message
Has to be higher than our typical body temperature.
100F = 37.8C, I'd like to see it goes upto 40C at least.

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/redneckhottub.html

Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B

Jud McCranie wrote:
We're looking at getting a hot tub. Some of the ones I've look at
have temperature ranges 80-100 degrees F. Is 100F hot enough (I
thought they went to 102 or 104).
---
Replace you know what by j to email

Hi,
Has to be higher than our typical body temperature.
100F = 37.8C, I'd like to see it goes upto 40C at least.

40 degrees celsius is 104 degrees Fahrenheit. That is the safe limit for
humans, and the limit set on most spas. But there is also a time limit for
each temperature.

Google hot tub safety and learn. If you are going into a hot tub, or are
setting the temperatures, know what you are doing. There is much more to it
than hot water, and general idiotic statements.

A friend of mine had a heart attack and died after spending too much time in
the hot water at Pah Tempe in Hurricane, Utah.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair
Jud McCranie

On Fri, 14 Apr 2006 18:15:43 -0400, Jud McCranie
wrote:

We're looking at getting a hot tub.

Thank you everyone! Many more replies than I expected, with a lot of
information. We're still looking and shopping.
---
Replace you know what by j to email
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, April 14, 2006 3:15:43 PM UTC-7, Jud McCranie wrote:
We're looking at getting a hot tub. Some of the ones I've look at
have temperature ranges 80-100 degrees F. Is 100F hot enough (I
thought they went to 102 or 104).
---
Replace you know what by j to email

Hi,
I was just wondering if you actually found a simple way to increase the heat, I would like 108, (then when it cools down it isn't so cold). Tried reading through the forum but it seemed to just get argumentative so I stopped reading.

Thank you.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, February 1, 2014 6:26:24 AM UTC-5, wrote:
On Friday, April 14, 2006 3:15:43 PM UTC-7, Jud McCranie wrote:

We're looking at getting a hot tub. Some of the ones I've look at

have temperature ranges 80-100 degrees F. Is 100F hot enough (I

thought they went to 102 or 104).

---

Replace you know what by j to email

Hi,

I was just wondering if you actually found a simple way to increase the heat, I would like 108, (then when it cools down it isn't so cold). Tried reading through the forum but it seemed to just get argumentative so I stopped reading.

Thank you.

This is where big govt and fear of lawsuits gets you.
SPAs in the USA are limited to 104F, even if you want
to have yours at 108F and you have sense enough to
use it properly. Seems there are some folks dumb
enough to get drunk, stay in it for hours, etc. Another
problem is those temp accuracies can probably drift,
so while it thinks it's 104, it may be somewhat less
too. If you measure it and it's not 104F, then
you can call a spa store, etc and ask them what it
takes to fix that. If it's an adjustment, then it
should be a min service call. If it's not adjustable,
then it's probably going to be expensive.

Whether you can change the max temp would seem to
depend on the design of the actual spa. I would
doubt the manufacturer would make it easy to do
so. And it's probably going to be hard to find
a schematic, etc to figure out if it's possible
to do on your own.

Since you say that yours cools down, it sounds
like you have a 120V model that does not heat
once the pump is turned on high? Years ago I
bought a 120V spa and when I was buying it, the
shysters at the store never explained the problems
with 120V, only the advantages. The problems
are that it takes 4X as long
to heat, which means if you only use it once
in a while and keep it turned way down, it takes
many hours to get to temp. And the second is
that it no longer heats once the pump goes on
high, ie when you're using it. If you have a
240V unit, then there is no reason it can't heat
while being used and easily maintain or increase
the temperature.

If that's the main problem you have, you may be
able to have it converted to 240V. Right after
I bought it, that's what I
did. The store swapped out the power pack/heater
unit for a couple hundred bucks. Of course the
other problem is that even if that's possible,
you have to run 240V to it, which could be easy
or hard, depending on where it's located. And it
could be cheap or expensive, depending on if you
can do the work yourself. But the
difference is substantial, you get 4X the heating
capability and can run the heater while the pump
is on full too.

CH Questions Paul UK diy 49 November 26th 05 12:35 AM
GE refrigerator warranty repair misery [email protected] Home Ownership 6 March 13th 05 04:29 AM
CH pump - fast or slow? N. Thornton UK diy 2 January 1st 05 01:09 PM
How do tell a liquid from a solid? Jeffrey Lindemuth Metalworking 20 December 29th 03 05:16 PM