Posted to alt.home.repair
Bert Byfield

Default New Sink 1/4 inch tubing connections

I having trouble connecting a new sink. The 1/2 inch connectors are
okay, but the 1/4 inch tubing from the (single-control handle) faucet
to itself leaks, and I'm afraid I'll twist and break the tubing if I
turn it too much, since there's nothing to hold the tubing while I turn
the nut. Was it a mistake to buy this sink with it's 1/4 inch
connectors, or should I just keep tightening it fearlessly?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Sacramento Dave

"Bert Byfield" wrote in message
. 166...
I having trouble connecting a new sink. The 1/2 inch connectors are
okay, but the 1/4 inch tubing from the (single-control handle) faucet
to itself leaks, and I'm afraid I'll twist and break the tubing if I
turn it too much, since there's nothing to hold the tubing while I turn
the nut. Was it a mistake to buy this sink with it's 1/4 inch
connectors, or should I just keep tightening it fearlessly?

What Kind of fitting is it ? Is it metal tubing . !/4" seems small. Who
makes it?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Sev

Not clear what the situation is- is this the faucet you took off the
old sink? Perhaps you torqued the tubing in the process?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Bert Byfield

"Bert Byfield" wrote in message
having trouble connecting a new sink. The 1/2 inch connectors are
okay, but the 1/4 inch tubing from the (single-control handle)
faucet
to itself leaks, and I'm afraid I'll twist and break the tubing if
turn it too much, since there's nothing to hold the tubing while
I turn
the nut. Was it a mistake to buy this sink with it's 1/4 inch
connectors, or should I just keep tightening it fearlessly?

What Kind of fitting is it ? Is it metal tubing . !/4" seems
small. Who makes it?

The 1/4 inch seems small to me, too. It's a connector out of the
faucet and goes back into it. It's marked Jameco/CBM.

"Sev" wrote in news:1145054793.612793.269340
Not clear what the situation is- is this the faucet you took off
the
old sink? Perhaps you torqued the tubing in the process?

It's a new faucet in a new sink. I haven't torqued the tubing yet,
but maybe I was too careful. It doesn't leak when the faucet is
turned off, but when I turn on the water into the sink, it starts
spraying from the 1/4 inch connector tube, a one-foot metallic tube
than joins two small copper tubes coming out of the control valve
(one metal gizmo that controls flow and hot/cold).

Posted to alt.home.repair
Sacramento Dave

I'm guessing it's a compression fitting. You should not have to hold the
tube , if the fitting is two pieces you should be able to get a wrench on
each half and then tighten. Do not let the tube spin or it will twist and
crimp. I can't see it to know for sure.

"Bert Byfield" wrote in message
. 167...
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair
Bert Byfield

It's a new faucet in a new sink. I haven't torqued the tubing
yet, but maybe I was too careful. It doesn't leak when the faucet
is turned off, but when I turn on the water into the sink, it
starts spraying from the 1/4 inch connector tube, a one-foot
metallic tube than joins two small copper tubes coming out of the
control valve (one metal gizmo that controls flow and hot/cold).

I'm guessing it's a compression fitting. You should not have to
hold the
tube , if the fitting is two pieces you should be able to get a
wrench on each half and then tighten. Do not let the tube spin or
it will twist and crimp. I can't see it to know for sure.

I could grip the tube itself with a robogrip pliers, I suppose, but
it's not a good grip. The tube doesn't offer anything better on the
top side of the connection. It will twist and crimp, I don't doubt,
if I get too strong with it. But too weak and it leaks. That's why I
am thinking I bought a turkey sink, and should just get another one
with proper 1/2 inch connectors for hot and cold.

Urgent! undermount stainless sink advice need!!! John Home Repair 10 April 24th 06 05:26 PM
Urgent! undermount stainless sink advice need!!! John UK diy 9 April 18th 06 10:14 PM
Moenstone Sink Mike Home Repair 9 March 6th 05 06:01 AM
Single sink for sale PoP UK diy 0 March 4th 04 04:54 PM
Square steel tubing embedded in concrete: Info/Help?? Terry King Metalworking 4 July 18th 03 04:23 AM