Posted to alt.home.repair
Home owner

Default Wet Carpet Disposal

Is there a cheap way to dispose of wet carpet. We moved in to our house
3 years ago. We recently found the last owners on property dump. We
have been slowly getting rid of the junk. We have three things left an
old rotted play house, a truck cap that seems to be in OK condition,
and a bunch of old carpet.

The carpet is soaked through and through. I was wondering if there is a
way for me to dispose of it other than the landfill? The landfill
charges by weight. I don't want to pay to throw out all that water.

Any idead on how I might get rid of this junk?

Thanks!

Posted to alt.home.repair
Kyle Boatright

"Home owner" wrote in message
oups.com...
Is there a cheap way to dispose of wet carpet. We moved in to our house
3 years ago. We recently found the last owners on property dump. We
have been slowly getting rid of the junk. We have three things left an
old rotted play house, a truck cap that seems to be in OK condition,
and a bunch of old carpet.

The carpet is soaked through and through. I was wondering if there is a
way for me to dispose of it other than the landfill? The landfill
charges by weight. I don't want to pay to throw out all that water.

Any idead on how I might get rid of this junk?

Thanks!

Why not pile it out on the driveway on a couple of warm sunny days and let
it dry?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

"Home owner" wrote in message
oups.com...
Is there a cheap way to dispose of wet carpet.

The carpet is soaked through and through. I was wondering if there is a
way for me to dispose of it other than the landfill? The landfill
charges by weight. I don't want to pay to throw out all that water.

Dry it out, of course. Why haul all that water?

Posted to alt.home.repair
PanHandler

"Kyle Boatright" wrote in message

Why not pile it out on the driveway on a couple of warm sunny days and let
it dry?

It'll dry better and faster if it's spread out rather than piled up.

Posted to alt.home.repair
George E. Cawthon

Home owner wrote:
Is there a cheap way to dispose of wet carpet. We moved in to our house
3 years ago. We recently found the last owners on property dump. We
have been slowly getting rid of the junk. We have three things left an
old rotted play house, a truck cap that seems to be in OK condition,
and a bunch of old carpet.

The carpet is soaked through and through. I was wondering if there is a
way for me to dispose of it other than the landfill? The landfill
charges by weight. I don't want to pay to throw out all that water.

Any idead on how I might get rid of this junk?

Thanks!

Cut the carpet into strips. If you have a
concrete or asphalt driveway, lay it on it and let
it dry out. If just dirt, put down a plastic and
then the carpet on top. Drive over it as much as
you want to until it is dry. Heck, if it is dirt,
leave it there. I saw someplace in a town where
they put old carpet in the alley. Worked good and
cut down the noise.

Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub

Home owner wrote:
Is there a cheap way to dispose of wet carpet. We moved in to our
house 3 years ago. We recently found the last owners on property
dump. We have been slowly getting rid of the junk. We have three
things left an old rotted play house, a truck cap that seems to be in
OK condition, and a bunch of old carpet.

The carpet is soaked through and through. I was wondering if there is
a way for me to dispose of it other than the landfill? The landfill
charges by weight. I don't want to pay to throw out all that water.

Any idead on how I might get rid of this junk?

School yard at night. Wait a couple of weeks, though. The moon is full right
now.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Home owner

Sounds like everyone has the same advice. Pull it up and unroll it and
let it dry. Maybe in a week it will dry out. Thanks for the advice.

"Draft Carpet Cleaning FAQ for comments" david lang UK diy 7 November 20th 05 07:29 PM
Carpet Cleaning FAQ david lang UK diy 6 November 20th 05 02:05 AM
Carpet problems, please help [email protected] Home Repair 11 January 10th 05 10:31 PM
What to do with Wet Carpet in a house? TURTLE Home Repair 23 March 4th 04 02:17 AM
while *laying* carpet; anticipating human "cow-trails"? David Combs Home Repair 7 January 31st 04 06:33 PM