Posted to alt.home.repair
sdgyhsvgsdbv@...

Default What is the corrdct way to replace a light switch cover

What is the corrdct way to replace a light switch cover?
My son broke the one on his bedroom light switch. The switch works
but that cover thingie is broken. I see 2 of thouse things that got a
groove in them. Somebody tole me I need a screwydiver to change them.

Posted to alt.home.repair

All I can say is that if you have grown to maturity with out enough
common sense to know how to change a light switch cover then you better
with life. Only this time learn some common sense as you grow up.
Because your going to need it before you die unless you dfie very soon.
It is a bit hard for me to realize that any person can be so dumb in
this day frame.

Jack

Posted to alt.home.repair
Jeff Wisnia

sdgyhsvgsdbv@... wrote:

What is the corrdct way to replace a light switch cover?
My son broke the one on his bedroom light switch. The switch works
but that cover thingie is broken. I see 2 of thouse things that got a
groove in them. Somebody tole me I need a screwydiver to change them.

Well if you're a fan of Jackie Mason's you probably heard him say that
there's never a screwdriver to be found in a Jewish home, and that
butterknives are used instead.

He goes on to say something about finding cream cheese in the slots of
screwheads proving that was the case.

Mason had something to say about screwdrivers in this snippet from an
interview:

*************

JCN: You talk about construction and contractors in your new book.

JACKIE MASON: I joke in my act about how Jews can't do anything with
tools. A Gentile's house is like a workshop. You can hear it thirty
miles away. You'll hear buzzsaws binging and hacking. Everything is busy
in a Gentile's house. They don't sit still for a second. A Gentile is
not happy unless he is banging something with a hammer or clipping
something off with a chotchke or a saw. There are four thousand versions
of a screwdriver in a Gentile's house. Ask a Jew if he has a
screwdriver. "I have a screwdriver? I thought you had the screwdriver."
Anti-semitism is nothing compared to two Jews looking for a screwdriver.

************

A Happy Passover to whoever's celebrating!

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

Posted to alt.home.repair
C & E

"Somebody tole me I need a screwydiver .."

Give me a break. Climb back under the bridge and charge the goats to cross,
you troll. (Ooo, that was good -LOL)

Posted to alt.home.repair
clifto

sdgyhsvgsdbv@... wrote:
What is the corrdct way to replace a light switch cover?
My son broke the one on his bedroom light switch. The switch works
but that cover thingie is broken. I see 2 of thouse things that got a
groove in them. Somebody tole me I need a screwydiver to change them.

Call a surveyor.

--
All relevant people are pertinent.
All rude people are impertinent.