Posted to alt.home.repair
wayne

Default Mohawk engineered flooring

I am looking at putting engineered wood floor in my house. I am looking
at Mohawk Rock Creek Maple but cannot find any reviews or anyones
experiences? Anyone have any info?

I checked alt.floors and it is pretty much just a spam site!

I am in Colorado

Wayne
Posted to alt.home.repair
badgolferman

wayne, 4/9/2006,12:21:58 PM, wrote:

I am looking at putting engineered wood floor in my house. I am
looking at Mohawk Rock Creek Maple but cannot find any reviews or
anyones experiences? Anyone have any info?

I checked alt.floors and it is pretty much just a spam site!

I am in Colorado

Wayne

I used Mohawk laminate flooring in my house a couple of years ago.
It's held up well all over except for where the computer chair sits.
Sometimes the wheels don't turn right so they drag across the floor.
The sheen from the floor has worn off there, but you won't notice it
unless the sun shines on it from the overhead skylights.

I know laminate is not engineered flooring, but at least my experience
with their other products is favorable.
Posted to alt.home.repair
mikeytag

Hi Wayne,
I live in Southern California and put in Mohawk floors at my house a little
over a year ago. I have to say that I have been impressed. We have a dog
and although he slides around on it, the floor is very resistant to
scratching. We bought the kind that looks like a distressed wood and most
people that don't know any better comment on our wood floors. The one
bad thing about this type of flooring is water. We put it throughout our
kitchen and haven't had any problems...yet. But if a pipe were to burst or
the dishwasher leak we may end up with a destroyed floor. That happened to
my brother by the way. All in all a good product and I was very happy with
the price as well.
Mike