Posted to alt.home.repair
PhilBoy

Default My Fridge is leaking ? why is this

every day I have to wipe out water off the inside of the floor of my
fridge usually 2 dish cloths worth. What can be causing this is it
sweating G its a curse. the drip channel at the back is brown an
mucky do I need a new fridge its fairly newish 3 yrs or so.

I await your exalted comments with the usual awe and marvel. G

Phil of Whittlesey Peterborough
A small piece of the Medieval theme park called England .

Posted to alt.home.repair
MLD

"PhilBoy" wrote in message
ups.com...
every day I have to wipe out water off the inside of the floor of my
fridge usually 2 dish cloths worth. What can be causing this is it
sweating G its a curse. the drip channel at the back is brown an
mucky do I need a new fridge its fairly newish 3 yrs or so.

I await your exalted comments with the usual awe and marvel. G

Phil of Whittlesey Peterborough
A small piece of the Medieval theme park called England .

You have a clog in the path from the drip channel to the drip pan (on the
bottom of the refrigerator). The water should flow to the drip pan where is
gets evaporated.
MLD

Posted to alt.home.repair
Elliott P

Did you clean it the filters recently? If you let your fridge go for a
while and never clean it, you will inevetibaly set the cooling level
higher and higher as it gets less and less efficient. Then if you all
of a sudden clean it, condesation will go way up and temp way down.
Everytime you open the fridge, like 18 cu feet of humid air goes in,
and as it chills, the water drops out.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Big Al

Check the drain and then the door gasket. Some gaskets can be checked by
closing the door on a piece of thin paper and pulling the paper to see if it
has drag. Be sure to check all four corners. If you open the door a lot you
will collect more moisture as more "new" air will enter the box.

Al

Posted to alt.home.repair
Gerry Gardiner

com...
every day I have to wipe out water off the inside of the floor of my
fridge usually 2 dish cloths worth. What can be causing this is it
sweating G its a curse. the drip channel at the back is brown an
mucky do I need a new fridge its fairly newish 3 yrs or so.
I await your exalted comments with the usual awe and marvel. G

If this group ever has a FAQ section, this should be in there. It comes up
every other week. If you have that much water every day, I doubt it's your
gasket. You could practically leave the door open and I don't think that
would happen. The drain is clogged. Very common problem. Look he

http://fridgedoctor.com/frequently-a...-crispers.html

Gerry

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

On 5 Apr 2006 08:15:11 -0700, "PhilBoy"
wrote:

every day I have to wipe out water off the inside of the floor of my
fridge usually 2 dish cloths worth. What can be causing this is it
sweating G its a curse.

I think you are right. It's a curse. Who have you angered lately?

the drip channel at the back is brown an
mucky do I need a new fridge its fairly newish 3 yrs or so.

I await your exalted comments with the usual awe and marvel. G

Phil of Whittlesey Peterborough
A small piece of the Medieval theme park called England .

Posted to alt.home.repair
No

"PhilBoy" wrote in message
ups.com...
every day I have to wipe out water off the inside of the floor of my
fridge usually 2 dish cloths worth. What can be causing this is it
sweating G its a curse. the drip channel at the back is brown an
mucky do I need a new fridge its fairly newish 3 yrs or so.

I await your exalted comments with the usual awe and marvel. G

Phil of Whittlesey Peterborough
A small piece of the Medieval theme park called England .

PhilBoy - The correct answer was given here by MLD, Big Al and Gerry. have
you tried their advice? If you do not know what they are talking about then
ask. If you tried it (Unclog the small drain at the low point of your moldy
channel (Clean it while you are at it)) and your problem is solved then a
thanks would be nice.

Posted to alt.home.repair
PhilBoy

thanks would be nice.

Why do I have to listen to this SNOT !. I've been told thanks mail is
not appreciated as the pay by the minute brigade have to download loads
of thanks messages.

So **** off mr smartarse

PhilBoy

Fridge leaking water [email protected] Home Repair 7 January 2nd 06 03:03 PM
Fridge running warm, help troubleshooting? [email protected] Home Repair 7 June 30th 05 04:25 PM
Integrated fridge John UK diy 3 April 29th 04 12:08 PM
Fridge freezer annoyance Craig Graham UK diy 2 March 23rd 04 10:12 PM
GE fridge leaking water! Anthony Yeung (Rogers@Home) Electronics Repair 4 July 19th 03 05:59 PM