Posted to alt.home.repair
John

Default Silent sump pump

Zoeller? Wayne?

14" sump pit, only really runs during heavy rains. 10' to head.
Water level doesn't rise very fast even in heavy rains.
Looking for something relatively silent - more silent than the low end thing
the builders put in the house when they built it last year.

Have to secure it where it comes through the joists to alleviate the thumping
water hammer effect at shutoff - maybe their check valve isn't the best, so
will likely replace that as well when I replace the pump.

Any suggestions welcome.

John

--
John

What to do with my sump pump?? Toller Home Repair 11 February 20th 06 02:14 PM
Several things wrong with new flat - no central heating, low hot water pressure even with water pump, noisey pump kiich UK diy 69 July 13th 05 07:36 PM
Basement Water Despite Sump Pump DaveR Home Repair 12 April 4th 05 03:47 PM
Broken Sump Pump? toller Home Repair 12 April 4th 05 03:04 PM
Sump pump question. Pradeep Krishna Home Repair 3 September 2nd 03 07:34 PM