Posted to alt.home.repair

Default relocating ground wire

thr ground wire from my circut box is connected to the water supply
pipe from my well,a new supply pipe will soon be replacing it.but it
will PVC my outside meter box is grounded to a 10Ft. rod. can i bug my
breaker box ground to my meter box ground rod or should i bury another
ground rod to hook to. also when i remove the ground from the breaker
box should i kill the main breaker.

Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM

You should probably contact the authority having jurisdiction in your area,
but yes, typically you'd drive another ground rod, and also bond the panel
ground to a 3/4 inch cold water pipe

wrote in message
oups.com...
thr ground wire from my circut box is connected to the water supply
pipe from my well,a new supply pipe will soon be replacing it.but it
will PVC my outside meter box is grounded to a 10Ft. rod. can i bug my
breaker box ground to my meter box ground rod or should i bury another
ground rod to hook to. also when i remove the ground from the breaker
box should i kill the main breaker.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Redelfs

In article .com,
" wrote:

thr ground wire from my circut box is connected to the water supply
pipe from my well

Is that a metallic pipe?

a new supply pipe will soon be replacing it.but it
will PVC

Piece-out/extend the ground wire (if necessary) and ensure it STAYS CONNECTED
to the old, metallic pipe. Your grounding system will be unchanged assuming
the old pipe is simply abandoned (left) in place. Easy.
--

JR

Specific 555 circuit Henry Electronics 8 December 27th 05 05:14 PM
Easiest way to ground a computer? Julie P. Home Repair 66 May 11th 05 06:10 PM
Ceiling Light Problem - No Switch Phil Anderson Home Repair 35 January 26th 04 12:36 PM
replacing old non-grounded (2 prong) electric receptacles David Jensen Home Repair 27 August 26th 03 12:14 AM
OT electrical question Ivan Vegvary Metalworking 24 August 1st 03 02:36 AM