Posted to alt.home.repair
Jeff

Default Dishwasher leads cloudy glasses.

We always had problems with this in our previous dish washer. Soaking
glasses in almost boiling water with vinegar would remove the scale. After
the dishwasher motor burned out three years ago we got a new, nothing
special, plastic insides, Maytag and haven't had scaling since then.

Surprisingly scale can be caused by too hot water. also don't use excess
dishwashing detergent as some glassware can be etched by strongly alkaline
conditions.

From a web site: Scale and sludge may also occur due to chemical reactions
producing less soluble compounds as in the decomposition of bicarbonate:
Ca (HCO3)2 --------Heat--------- CaCO3 precipitate + H20 +CO2

Calcium carbonate is one of the most common components of scale and sludge
in untreated boilers and cooling systems.

wrote in message
Our Bosch dishwasher is leaving the glasses cloudy after a regular
wash. We're using Calgon liquid soap.

Tried increasing water temp and changing soaps. No luck.

Also have a cloudy residue on the stainless steel door and body of the
machine.

Anyone got any cures for this?

Thanks
Ken