Posted to alt.home.repair
Felcunje

Default Plunging a sewer trap

Hi,

Does anyone know what tool is best for plunging the sewer trap to a old
house. This is a house that has a pipe coming up in the front lawn. I
once had to call a plumber to plunge it and he used a tool that came in
3 foot sections and had a disc attachement on end. Does nayone know
what this tool is called, how much it costs and where it can be found?
I have asked at Home Depot/Home hardware etc and noone seems to know
what it is called or where I can get one.

I am in Toronto if this helps.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1 Apr 2006 17:28:14 -0800, "Felcunje" wrote:

Hi,

Does anyone know what tool is best for plunging the sewer trap to a old
house. This is a house that has a pipe coming up in the front lawn. I
once had to call a plumber to plunge it and he used a tool that came in
3 foot sections and had a disc attachement on end. Does nayone know
what this tool is called, how much it costs and where it can be found?
I have asked at Home Depot/Home hardware etc and noone seems to know
what it is called or where I can get one.

I am in Toronto if this helps.

I'm in New Brunswick and my city maintenance dept. will come to my
house and auger out the sewer line twice a year free. Try them first.
If your house is old the sewer lines could be old and holey so the
tree roots get in and plug things up.

The last time I had it done they took half a garbage bag full of tree
roots out.