Posted to alt.home.repair
Schism

Default Dynamo 1HP pool/spa water pump

I have a 1HP dynamo pool/spa pump that a friend gave me, when plugged
in it makes a humming sound but doesn't spin, I can't seem to get the
face off the main spinning rod

(as shown http://s87749883.onlinehome.us/pump.jpg ) Is there any trick
in doing so?

Are there any kind of bearings in the plastic face that could have
ceased? that could explain why it will not spin while the face is
attached with the 4 other long screws.

http://s87749883.onlinehome.us/face.jpg

Posted to alt.home.repair
John Grabowski

"Schism" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a 1HP dynamo pool/spa pump that a friend gave me, when plugged
in it makes a humming sound but doesn't spin, I can't seem to get the
face off the main spinning rod

(as shown http://s87749883.onlinehome.us/pump.jpg ) Is there any trick
in doing so?

Are there any kind of bearings in the plastic face that could have
ceased? that could explain why it will not spin while the face is
attached with the 4 other long screws.

http://s87749883.onlinehome.us/face.jpg

My cousin's spa motor did the same thing. I took it to a motor repair shop
and they charged $15.00 to fix it. I never found out what the problem was.