Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair
Dave N

Default Fluorescent light problem

Hi,

I have two 48" fluorescent fixtures in my kitchen, each with four bulbs.
They're old fixtures (maybe 25 years old), and I replaced the ballasts
in both fixtures a couple years ago.

Recently, one of the fixtures stopped working completely. Actually, not
quite completely: one of the four bulbs flickers dimly. I replaced all
four bulbs and there was no change. The new bulb in the same slot still
flickers dimly, and the other three new bulbs are effectively dead.

What could be happening? Bad ballast? Grounding problem? Any guesses,
based on the symptoms?