Posted to alt.home.repair

Default how much does galvanized corrugated pipe weigh?

I need to know how much this pipe weighs per foot. I googled for about
an hour with no luck.

12" galvanized corrugated 16 gauge pipe --typically used for culverts

--Zeb

Posted to alt.home.repair
louie

Well, I don't know about actual standard weights, but i can estimate it
if you like:

cross-sectional area of 12" OD x 0.06" wall pipe = 2.25 sq. inches
wall volume for 12" of length = 2.25 x 12 = 27.00 cu.inch
density of steel = 0.283 lb/cu.inch
weight of 12" of straight pipe = 27 x 0.283 = 7.64 lbs

The corrugations will effectively increase the volume without
increasing the length. Here's a site I found with some dimensions for
the corrugations:

http://www.southeastculvert.com/standard%20pipe.htm

2.66" pitch x 1/2" depth of corrugations means that every 1.33" of
linear pipe uses approximately 1.42 linear inches of material. This
gives a ratio of 1.07 so the overall weight per foot is 7.64 x 1.07 =
8.16 lbs/foot.

That's how I would figure it anyway.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Stretch

Take a bathroom scale to the supplier and weigh a section. Then divide
by the length in feet.

Stretch

How do i insulate a piecr of corrugated pipe? C & E Home Repair 3 December 7th 05 10:56 PM
galvanized pipe for gas Ken Home Repair 17 November 24th 05 12:03 AM
Leaking Soil Pipe? andrewpreece UK diy 8 July 29th 05 05:13 PM
electricity on my water pipes Laurent Doiron Home Repair 32 March 30th 04 06:01 PM
Joining Plastic Waste pipe to Lead pipe tinklemagoo UK diy 3 February 19th 04 05:34 AM