Posted to alt.home.repair
indep

Default freezer

Hi, our 3 month old upright freezer has a lot of frost, is this normal?

Posted to alt.home.repair
SQLit

"indep" wrote in message
. ..
Hi, our 3 month old upright freezer has a lot of frost, is this normal?

Your kidding?

check

crystalball.freezer.com

Posted to alt.home.repair
PipeDown

No it implies that either the defrost cycle is not happening (timer or
heating element is bad) or that the door is not sealing completely and room
air is freely circulating (check the door seal)

"indep" wrote in message
. ..
Hi, our 3 month old upright freezer has a lot of frost, is this normal?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Wiss

On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 00:27:02 GMT, PipeDown wrote:

"indep" wrote:
Hi, our 3 month old upright freezer has a lot of frost, is this normal?

No it implies that either the defrost cycle is not happening (timer or
heating element is bad) or that the door is not sealing completely and room
air is freely circulating (check the door seal)

Some uprights are not frost-free.

I've had a chest for at least six years now. I haven't defrosted it yet.
But then I don't open it very often. How often does the OP open theirs?

Don www.donwiss.com (e-mail link at home page bottom).
Posted to alt.home.repair
mwlogs

I've heard that a non-frost-free freezer is best because it is less likely
to dry out the food over time. But I think most uprights tend to be
frost-free. I've had a chest type for a long time that isn't and have only
had to deforst a few times in its life.

"indep" wrote:
Hi, our 3 month old upright freezer has a lot of frost, is this normal?

No it implies that either the defrost cycle is not happening (timer or
heating element is bad) or that the door is not sealing completely and
room
air is freely circulating (check the door seal)

Some uprights are not frost-free.

I've had a chest for at least six years now. I haven't defrosted it yet.
But then I don't open it very often. How often does the OP open theirs?

Don www.donwiss.com (e-mail link at home page bottom).

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 03:25:21 GMT, "mwlogs"
wrote:

I've heard that a non-frost-free freezer is best because it is less likely
to dry out the food over time. But I think most uprights tend to be
frost-free. I've had a chest type for a long time that isn't and have only
had to deforst a few times in its life.

I would think a chest freezer wouldn't get as much frost to begin
with. When you open an upright, all the cold air falls out, replaced
probably by warmer air with more humidity. When you open a chest, not
much happens, right?
Posted to alt.home.repair
tom&kel

shut a dollar bill in between the door frame and gasket. now drag it around
the door to check for gasket failure. it should be kinda hard to pull
around.
"m Ransley" wrote in message
Does it have a defrost switch