Posted to alt.home.repair
waves2ya

Default Chambers Oven: Regulator...

Guru's...

I've a Chambers w/ a regulator that is on the fritz. I understand
parts are hard to come by but I've a repair team that would fix if I
can find 'em...

Anyone have insight into Chambers Oven repair and parts? (Old threads
indicate Chambers is now part of Whirlpool but Whirlpool parts site
does not indicate Chambers parts...)

Thanks in advance...

Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller

In article .com, "waves2ya" wrote:
Guru's...

I've a Chambers w/ a regulator that is on the fritz. I understand
parts are hard to come by but I've a repair team that would fix if I
can find 'em...

Anyone have insight into Chambers Oven repair and parts? (Old threads
indicate Chambers is now part of Whirlpool but Whirlpool parts site
does not indicate Chambers parts...)

Have you tried Googling?

--
Regards,

Posted to alt.home.repair
waves2ya

Yep - came up pretty empty except for 'antique stoves' url; they seem
to fix and sell parts + a restoration biz...

http://www.antiquestoves.com/toac/stoveparts.htm

But I'm not sure those parts will work my Chambers unit (can't find
unit id; white, oven on one side, pan holder on other; 3 burners + soup
well on range...)

Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller

In article .com, "waves2ya" wrote:
Yep - came up pretty empty except for 'antique stoves' url; they seem
to fix and sell parts + a restoration biz...

http://www.antiquestoves.com/toac/stoveparts.htm

But I'm not sure those parts will work my Chambers unit (can't find
unit id; white, oven on one side, pan holder on other; 3 burners + soup
well on range...)

Send 'em an email and ask... those guys seem to have a pretty good handle on
the Chambers stuff.

--
Regards,

Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug

On 21 Mar 2006 05:31:59 -0800, "waves2ya" wrote:

Guru's...

I've a Chambers w/ a regulator that is on the fritz. I understand
parts are hard to come by but I've a repair team that would fix if I
can find 'em...

Anyone have insight into Chambers Oven repair and parts? (Old threads
indicate Chambers is now part of Whirlpool but Whirlpool parts site
does not indicate Chambers parts...)

Thanks in advance...

By "regulator" do you mean a pressure regulator in the stove's gas
supply line? Or do you mean the oven thermostat?

In any event, the only supplier that I know of, in the entire USA, of
rebuilt and new replacement parts for antique stoves like Chambers is
Repco Replacement Parts, Inc in Texas.

Their website is:

http://www.repcoreplacementparts.com/index.htm

Their website seems to be down as I write this but it normally works
fine.

Other parts suppliers get their stuff from Repco.

Good luck,

Doug

Posted to alt.home.repair
waves2ya

Thks for your reply...

I've come to believe I mean the oven theromostat; it's the part that,
as you turn the dial, governs & regulates the temperature of the oven.

My model Chambers is a C 90 or 61...