Posted to alt.home.repair
kitz27

Default Fixing burner on Glass Cooktop

I have a Frididaire glass cooktop (Smoothtop Electric Cooktop) built
into my kitchen counter. One of the burners no longer works. Can a
layman fix this problem or do I have to call a service rep?

Thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair
SQLit

"kitz27" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a Frididaire glass cooktop (Smoothtop Electric Cooktop) built
into my kitchen counter. One of the burners no longer works. Can a
layman fix this problem or do I have to call a service rep?

Thanks

Depends on your skill set and tool box. Match the old coil exactly. I have
had problems with generic coils in the past.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Ron

SQLit wrote:
"kitz27" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a Frididaire glass cooktop (Smoothtop Electric Cooktop) built
into my kitchen counter. One of the burners no longer works. Can a
layman fix this problem or do I have to call a service rep?

Thanks

Depends on your skill set and tool box. Match the old coil exactly. I have
had problems with generic coils in the past.

Don't know about Frid but my Amana only requires a phillips screwdriver
out of my "toolbox" to replace the burner.

Open oven dr, remove 3 screws this allows the top to lift up. 2 screws
hold a piece of metal in place that supports the burner and 1 screw
attaches the burner to the support. Wires just slide off and on.

I'm sure yours is different but probably not by much.