Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Showerhead that gives 'needly' spray and is super-easy to install (I'm all thumbs).

If you have any recommendations, any guidance would be greatly
appreciated.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Lena

Home Depot sells a very small water saving shower head that provides a
strong spray of water. Unscrew the old shower head, wrap the threads
of the pipe with teflon tape and screw on the new shower head.

Lena

Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Kanter

wrote in message
ups.com...
If you have any recommendations, any guidance would be greatly
appreciated.

All of them are super-easy to install. As Lena said, be sure to have teflon
tape to apply to the threads. You're supposed to wrap a layer of the tape
around the threads, in the direction that the shower head will be
tightened - clockwise, in other words.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Buy a spray wand type! and not a DELTA! their regular faucets are great
but their wand showerhead is a pile of crap

The wand type cost just a few bucks more but is highly adjustable and
best of all makes cleaning shower tub a snap!

Its the best cheap thing I bought just based on the convenience of
clean up! No more cups of water tossed on the tile

For a stronger feeling just remove the flow restrictor it pulls out
easy. you will use more water but get a much better shower feeling if
you want the needly type!

dont forget the teflon tape

Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Kanter

wrote in message
oups.com...
Buy a spray wand type! and not a DELTA! their regular faucets are great
but their wand showerhead is a pile of crap

The wand type cost just a few bucks more but is highly adjustable and
best of all makes cleaning shower tub a snap!

Agreed. It's also great when you need to use the tub for other chores, like
washing the dust off of houseplants, or cleaning window screens when it's
too cold to do it outside with the hose.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Or washing the dog

That wand has a long list of helpful uses!!!

Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Kanter

wrote in message
oups.com...
Or washing the dog

That wand has a long list of helpful uses!!!

Don't mention dogs around me, please.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Yanik

wrote in
ups.com:

If you have any recommendations, any guidance would be greatly
appreciated.

The "Incredible Head",costs $5 at Home Depot.Not fancy looking,though.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Posted to alt.home.repair

We have FOUR! They are very friendly! and love visitors. Never bite but
might lick you to death

Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Kanter

wrote in message
ups.com...
We have FOUR! They are very friendly! and love visitors. Never bite but
might lick you to death

It's gardening time. The dogs are out. Dogs and gardens do not go well
together. The terminations will begin shortly. :-)

Posted to alt.home.repair
Lena

Jim Yanik wrote:
The "Incredible Head",costs $5 at Home Depot.Not fancy looking,though.

That's the one! Thanks, Jim, couldn't think of the name. I believe it
comes in two versions, one having a shut-off valve to really conserve
water while lathering up.

Lena

Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Yanik

"Lena" wrote in
oups.com:

Jim Yanik wrote:
The "Incredible Head",costs $5 at Home Depot.Not fancy looking,though.

That's the one! Thanks, Jim, couldn't think of the name. I believe it
comes in two versions, one having a shut-off valve to really conserve
water while lathering up.

Lena

Yes,I have the no-valve version.
I enlarged every other hole in the disc by a very small amount and it gives
a better shower,some needle spray and some coarser.(my preference)
I don't even run the faucet at full output.

But it's not a designer showerhead. ;-)

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
If you have any recommendations, any guidance would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks to all for your quick and informative replies.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Yanik

Jim Yanik wrote in
:

"Lena" wrote in
oups.com:

Jim Yanik wrote:
The "Incredible Head",costs $5 at Home Depot.Not fancy
looking,though.

That's the one! Thanks, Jim, couldn't think of the name. I believe
it comes in two versions, one having a shut-off valve to really
conserve water while lathering up.

Lena

Yes,I have the no-valve version.
I enlarged every other hole in the disc by a very small amount and it
gives a better shower,some needle spray and some coarser.(my
preference) I don't even run the faucet at full output.

But it's not a designer showerhead. ;-)

I forgot to add;the thing I like the best about "The Head" is that the
water comes out in a narrow cone,and thus spreads less and more of the
water goes on my BODY instead of the walls and shower curtain like a
conventional head.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik