Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Short Flexible Connector for Faucet

I am replacing a kitchen faucet and I notice that to replace the
pre-plumbed copper tubing from the center of the old faucet to the
connections above the shutoff valves is only 7"long. So, I notice that
the smallest length of braided Stainless faucet connector that I can
buy is 12". To cover the 7" distance between the new faucet's
connectors and the copper pipe with a 12" flexible connector will
require "coiling or spiralling" the flexible connector (squeezing the
12" length into 7"). Is this acceptable? Does anyone make the
connectors in 8" sections? I don't believe I can or should reuse the
copper connectors that came pre-connected to the center of the old
faucet (can't even see how they are connected to the old faucet).