Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Short Flexible Connector for Faucet

I am replacing a kitchen faucet and I notice that to replace the
pre-plumbed copper tubing from the center of the old faucet to the
connections above the shutoff valves is only 7"long. So, I notice that
the smallest length of braided Stainless faucet connector that I can
buy is 12". To cover the 7" distance between the new faucet's
connectors and the copper pipe with a 12" flexible connector will
require "coiling or spiralling" the flexible connector (squeezing the
12" length into 7"). Is this acceptable? Does anyone make the
connectors in 8" sections? I don't believe I can or should reuse the
copper connectors that came pre-connected to the center of the old
faucet (can't even see how they are connected to the old faucet).

Posted to alt.home.repair
Sev

Think they do come in 9" However, it can be helpful to have a little
slack. Coiling is not a problem, just try to put the coils where you
want them, and make sure they are gentle coils, not kinks. Make sure
you get them with the right size nuts to fit your shut-offs and new
faucet- check against the old ones(and new faucet), which, you're
right, you should not re-use. Use pipe dope or teflon tape (going a few
times around male threads in same direction you are going to turn nuts)
which you tighten snug but not too forcefully, to seal connection. You
may want to use second wrench (or pliers with rag over teeth so as not
to damage valve) to hold valve, so you don't put excessive torquing
force on it, but again, don't use a lot of force.

Posted to alt.home.repair
tom

It's acceptable. I don't know, but you could custom-make them. Tom

Posted to alt.home.repair

Thanks, I think I will see if a longer flexible connector works better
in a bigger loop. Using the 12" to take up the 7" space requires
coiling that you could easily describe as kinked. I found Fluidmaster
makes the 9" but none of the home supply stores seem to carry them.