Posted to alt.home.repair

Default changing fluorescent lighting fixutre

I've had my husband change many light fixtures (lucky guy) but before I
ask him to change an ugly ceiling fixture to a normal one I'm wondering
how difficult it is.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Lena

The most difficult part is having to repaint the ceiling because the
new fixture doesn't cover where the old one did. Other than that, it's
a snap.

Lena

Posted to alt.home.repair
m Ransley

Old existing wire can be damaged due to the heat produced by the light
over years, It can be a 10 minute job or all day if there are bad wires.

Posted to alt.home.repair
buffalobill

why not really annoy him with a request for a ceiling fan for a ceiling
with no electrical box and knob-and-tube wiring?
actually you will find a 300 watt floor lamp torchiere with dimmer is a
perfect adjustable illumination lamp for everything from tv viewing to
reading when placed next to the new la-z-boy recliner loveseat you owe
him already!
http://www.la-z-boy.com/ourfurniture...e_theater.aspx

Posted to alt.home.repair

He's already got that in the basement with a built-in 55" HDTV. Now
you know why I make him change light fixtures..

Posted to alt.home.repair

Thanks for your help. The fixture is only 3 years old so I'm hoping
there won't be too many swear words coming from him that day!