DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   changing fluorescent lighting fixutre (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/148994-changing-fluorescent-lighting-fixutre.html)

[email protected] March 13th 06 11:16 PM

changing fluorescent lighting fixutre

I've had my husband change many light fixtures (lucky guy) but before I
ask him to change an ugly ceiling fixture to a normal one I'm wondering
how difficult it is.

Lena March 13th 06 11:25 PM

changing fluorescent lighting fixutre

The most difficult part is having to repaint the ceiling because the
new fixture doesn't cover where the old one did. Other than that, it's
a snap.

Lena

m Ransley March 14th 06 12:11 AM

changing fluorescent lighting fixutre

Old existing wire can be damaged due to the heat produced by the light
over years, It can be a 10 minute job or all day if there are bad wires.

buffalobill March 14th 06 03:03 PM

changing fluorescent lighting fixutre

why not really annoy him with a request for a ceiling fan for a ceiling
with no electrical box and knob-and-tube wiring? :)
actually you will find a 300 watt floor lamp torchiere with dimmer is a
perfect adjustable illumination lamp for everything from tv viewing to
reading when placed next to the new la-z-boy recliner loveseat you owe
him already! :)
http://www.la-z-boy.com/ourfurniture...e_theater.aspx

[email protected] March 14th 06 07:28 PM

changing fluorescent lighting fixutre

He's already got that in the basement with a built-in 55" HDTV. Now
you know why I make him change light fixtures..

[email protected] March 14th 06 07:29 PM

changing fluorescent lighting fixutre

Thanks for your help. The fixture is only 3 years old so I'm hoping
there won't be too many swear words coming from him that day!