Posted to alt.home.repair
JJ

Default Snow-proof mailbox holder

As I've posted here before, my mailbox holder is surviving this winter with
a crutch and splints due to the snowplows. Several of my neighbors have
mailbox mounts that pivot up when the snowplow pushes the snow by the house.
So, rather than standing up to the force of the snow being pushed by the
plow, it swings & pivots away and then settles back to normal after the plow
is gone. Unfortunately, the original owners have moved away and I can't
locate anyone selling this kit.

A 6x6 post is sunk in the ground. The mailbox holder consists of a 2 inch
diameter pipe, fastened to the post with two brackets. Visualize a pipe
shaped like a #7 fastened to the post at about a 45 degree angle. Attached
to the number 7 about midway down on the 7, a collar attaches and that is
free to rotate around the vertical part of the 7. Attached to that is a 4x4
mounted horizontally. That 4x4 extends out and the mailbox is mounted to
that, about 4 ft from the 6x6 post.

So when the plow pushes the snow, the entire 4x4 arm swings& pivots up at an
angle (rather than standing firm to the snow force) and then just swings
back down by gravity and settles into place. I've checked Menards, Home
Depot and the local hardware stores but nobody carries this around here.
Anybody have an idea where I could find this kit?

I hope you can visualize what I'm looking for from this convoluted
description!

Thanks!

Posted to alt.home.repair
tom

http://www.steelmailbox.com/html/plowmaster.htm Tom

Posted to alt.home.repair
ok

Thank you. A different concept but same idea. Thanks again.
"tom" wrote in message
oups.com...
http://www.steelmailbox.com/html/plowmaster.htm Tom

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 13 Mar 2006 13:26:29 -0800, "tom" wrote:

http://www.steelmailbox.com/html/plowmaster.htm Tom

Wow thx, I was in a discussion with someone, and the idea was brought
up. I now can tell him where to find more info now.

Thank you,

tom @ www.FreeWorkAtHomeIdeas.com

Mounting mailbox on a springy mount (like garage door spring) RoyJ Metalworking 0 January 25th 06 01:01 PM
Snowblowers Szeifried Home Repair 8 December 12th 05 04:12 PM
Letter holder for mailbox Charlie S. Home Repair 10 November 3rd 05 09:01 PM
Snow Blower - Made in China [email protected] Home Repair 0 October 24th 05 03:36 AM
Purposely Funny Alt.Home.Repair Posts [email protected] Home Repair 11 December 19th 04 11:42 PM