Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang

Default Honeywell Vison Pro 8000 vs. Chronotherm IV Deluxe

Hello, experts,
Decided to swap out old thermostat.
Between two, is one preferred(better?) over the other?
Comments, please. Either one meets my need.
TIA,
Tony
Posted to alt.home.repair
Dr. Hardcrab

"Tony Hwang" wrote in message
Hello, experts,
Decided to swap out old thermostat.
Between two, is one preferred(better?) over the other?
Comments, please. Either one meets my need.
TIA,
Tony

The Vision Pro replaces the Chronotherm line. I wish Honeywell would have
stuck with the Chronos, but I guess they have to update stuff every couple
of years. Haven't used the Vision Pros long enough to give an assessment...

Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang

Al Moran wrote:
On Sun, 12 Mar 2006 03:06:35 GMT, Tony Hwang wrote:

Hello, experts,
Decided to swap out old thermostat.
Between two, is one preferred(better?) over the other?
Comments, please. Either one meets my need.
TIA,
Tony

Yes, one will always be better than the other.

Hi,
Wise answer, if I can hear which one. One is older than the other.
One uses battery, the other one doesn't. Very similar features each
other. Anyone?
Tony
Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang

Al Moran wrote:

On Sun, 12 Mar 2006 14:46:31 GMT, Tony Hwang wrote:

Wise answer, if I can hear which one.

Pick the one with the biggest boobs, that one is better.

Hmmm,
Wiser answer. Now I want hear wisest answer, LOL!
Then it must be Chronotherm?, again LOL!
Posted to alt.home.repair

Tony Hwang wrote:
Al Moran wrote:

On Sun, 12 Mar 2006 14:46:31 GMT, Tony Hwang wrote:

Wise answer, if I can hear which one.

Pick the one with the biggest boobs, that one is better.

Hmmm,
Wiser answer. Now I want hear wisest answer, LOL!
Then it must be Chronotherm?, again LOL!

I have a Vision Pro and it's a super thermostat. The touch panel is
very easy to work and you can set the schedule for as many days as you
want by just touching, Mon tue, wed then setting the schedule which
goes into those days.

It has more options and programmability than most would ever need. I
like the adaptive recovery. If you want it to be 70 at 7am, that's
what you put in and it figures out based on experience when to start
the transition.

Also, it has vacation hold. You can set a lower/higher temp while
away, but have it switch back to normal program after X days.