Posted to alt.home.repair
Wayne Whitney

Default Best fitting for jog in vertical DWV pipe

Hello,

I have to jog a vertical 2" drain pipe over about 9", i.e. start
vertical and end up vertical. Obviously, I'll use two angled
fittings. I have plenty of room and fall available, so I could use
LT 90s, 60s, or 45s. What is the best practice?

Thanks, Wayne

Posted to alt.home.repair
Wayne Whitney

On 2006-03-11, Speedy Jim wrote:

Wayne Whitney wrote:

I have to jog a vertical 2" drain pipe over [. . .] I have plenty
of room and fall available, so I could use LT 90s, 60s, or 45s.
What is the best practice?

45's

Thanks, Speedy Jim! Do you have any thoughts on my two other recent
plumbing posts, "Brief bad smell from new copper water line" and
"Kitchen sink trap arm geometry"?

Cheers, Wayne

Posted to alt.home.repair
Sacramento Dave

"Wayne Whitney" wrote in message
Hello,

I have to jog a vertical 2" drain pipe over about 9", i.e. start
vertical and end up vertical. Obviously, I'll use two angled
fittings. I have plenty of room and fall available, so I could use
LT 90s, 60s, or 45s. What is the best practice?

Thanks, Wayne

If you are just offsetting the line 9" two 45's. If you are offsetting 9"
then back 9" 45 to LT 90 to 45. You might have to add a clean out your over
135 degrees.