Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair
BiloxiBoy

Default Is $3,000 right for floating sheetrock?

As a result of Hurricane Katrina, I've installed new sheetrock in
"most" of the house, including ceilings. In half of the house, though,
the rock is cut (and now replaced) at the 4-foot level around the
permiter of the rooms. In total, I suppose I installed about 100+
sheets of 4X8.

The floater came yesterday and said he'd tape and mud everything (and
blow in the ceilings) for $2,500 in labor and $500 in materials. My
house is about 1,600 sq feet and I'm just wondering how much of his
price is "hurricane-driven" and how much is true to the trade.

If any of you have had recent experience with this particular type of
service - either receiving or providing - I'd apprecite hearing from
you...

Thanks.