Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Not enough water from shower head - most of it coming from the faucet

When I turn the water on in my shower it works just fine coming out of
the faucet, however when I turn the diverter to bring it through the
shower head, most of the water still drains from the faucet and there
is not enough water from the shower head.

Any suggestions about fixing this problem? I am thinking this is a
shower diverter issue but wondering what is the easiest way to fix it.

Thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair

Could be a couple things. First if the house and pipes are old you may
have galvanized steel pipes, which corrode etc. These after a few
decades can have just a tiny stream of water able to pass thru.
SOlution is to rip them out and go pvc (or copper $$).

Also could be the shower head. Take it off and se ehow much water
comes out. Should be about the same as the faucet.

Also could be a bad valve.

If the house is old I bet on #1.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

When I turn the water on in my shower it works just fine coming out of
the faucet, however when I turn the diverter to bring it through the
shower head, most of the water still drains from the faucet and there
is not enough water from the shower head.

I replaced a pull-up faucet diverter with a new one after measuring 8% of
the water coming out of the faucet in shower mode. The new one leaked 6%,
so I replaced it with a brass quarter-turn valve. No leakage now.

Nick

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message

When I turn the water on in my shower it works just fine coming out of
the faucet, however when I turn the diverter to bring it through the
shower head, most of the water still drains from the faucet and there
is not enough water from the shower head.

I replaced a pull-up faucet diverter with a new one after measuring 8% of
the water coming out of the faucet in shower mode. The new one leaked 6%,
so I replaced it with a brass quarter-turn valve. No leakage now.

Nick

You.ve still got problems, Sounds like clogged plumbing to me. New fuacet
could have been bad too or you may not have enough water pressure to make
the pull up valve work.