Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Not enough water from shower head - most of it coming from the faucet

wrote:

When I turn the water on in my shower it works just fine coming out of
the faucet, however when I turn the diverter to bring it through the
shower head, most of the water still drains from the faucet and there
is not enough water from the shower head.

I replaced a pull-up faucet diverter with a new one after measuring 8% of
the water coming out of the faucet in shower mode. The new one leaked 6%,
so I replaced it with a brass quarter-turn valve. No leakage now.

Nick