Posted to alt.home.repair
m Ransley

Default looking for tips on Teak repair/finish

Be care full, I cracked the stock on my 1873 Spencer by over oiling it,
and lowered its value 1000$ by cleaning the metal. Yes innocent cleaning
often ruins antique values.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Dan Parrell

Thanks for the help and opinions. This thing was heavily greased, oiled and
then wrapped in cloth, burlap stowed away in a dry spot. I've already washed
it down with varasol and then wiped it again. It appears to be and is safe
to say that nothing has or was changed to the original condition including
the browning instead of the blueing on the metal parts.