Mike Hide

Default Painting teak

Funny but I have never seen the words paint and teak in the same sentence
before ....mjh

--
mike hide

"Dave" wrote in message
. net...
I've got an Anderson awning window with a teak sill piece that supports a
screen insert. The insert has always been painted along with the rest of
the window sill. I had to remove and repair the crank mechanism and in

the
process scraped all the old paint off the teak so it could be sanded and
painted again. Since teak is an oily wood, what process is recommended to
repaint it. Any special kind of primer, etc.?

Any comments appreciated. BTW, staining the whole window frame etc. is

not
an option here.

Dave

Igor

On Sat, 06 Sep 2003 17:23:23 GMT, "Mike Hide" wrote:

Funny but I have never seen the words paint and teak in the same sentence
before ....mjh

I hate teak. I grew up in a house full of "Danish modern" and I hate, hate
it. If I had my way, ALL teak would be painted -- except for the stuff
outside which looks nice as it weathers. Sorry, doesn't answer the OP's
question -- and I'm interested since a neighbor, moving out, left me (w/o
asking) 4 kitchen chairs made from teak. It's paint or death-by-garage
sale for all 4.
Ron Magen

SEND THEM TO ME !!!

I'll give them a decent 'burial at sea' . . . deck hand-holds, deck hardware
plates, trim, etc.

Just knock'em apart & I'll even pay shipping.

Regards & Thanks,
Ron Magen
Backyard Boatshop

news SNIP

Painting a sash window... Adam UK diy 5 September 10th 03 05:53 PM
clean up teak? mat Woodworking 0 July 26th 03 05:22 AM