Posted to alt.home.repair
zxcvbob

Default Why didn't someone think of this before?

I just bought a new toy today at Menard's; a Surebonder® "All in 1"
staple gun. It takes any size, any brand, heavy-duty staple. I bought
some T50 staples and some #6 galvanized 1/2" staples and it works great
with both of them. I haven't tried any round-crowned electrical staples
yet, but I have a box of those around here somewhere and they ought to
work too.

Now I don't have to worry about whether I need Arrow or Craftsman or
Powerbond (etc) staples and what crown width. The staples load from the
*bottom* and index against the right side.

It was even on sale ($10.75), and the galvanized staples were on
clearance for $1 per 1000. :-)

Easily amused sometimes,
Bob
Posted to alt.home.repair
zxcvbob

cm wrote:
Great! Another product to take away from Arrow Fasteners bottom line. Bill
and the other guys that run Arrow Fasteners are just a bunch of pricks and
deserve another hit. (just my humble opinion)

If Arrow wanted my business, they should have had galvanized T50 staples
available.

Best regards,
Bob
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 26 Feb 2006 13:41:04 GMT, "cm"
wrote:

Great! Another product to take away from Arrow Fasteners bottom line. Bill
and the other guys that run Arrow Fasteners are just a bunch of pricks and
deserve another hit. (just my humble opinion)

Would that be considered a PRICK PUNCH ????

"zxcvbob" wrote in message
I just bought a new toy today at Menard's; a Surebonder® "All in 1" staple
gun. It takes any size, any brand, heavy-duty staple. I bought some T50
staples and some #6 galvanized 1/2" staples and it works great with both of
them. I haven't tried any round-crowned electrical staples yet, but I have
a box of those around here somewhere and they ought to work too.

Now I don't have to worry about whether I need Arrow or Craftsman or
Powerbond (etc) staples and what crown width. The staples load from the
*bottom* and index against the right side.

It was even on sale ($10.75), and the galvanized staples were on clearance
for $1 per 1000. :-)

Easily amused sometimes,
Bob

Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour

zxcvbob wrote:
cm wrote:
Great! Another product to take away from Arrow Fasteners bottom line. Bill
and the other guys that run Arrow Fasteners are just a bunch of pricks and
deserve another hit. (just my humble opinion)

If Arrow wanted my business, they should have had galvanized T50 staples
available.

Why take half-steps with rust resitant? if you're concerned about
rust, Monel T50 staples are readily available.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

cm wrote:
Great! Another product to take away from Arrow Fasteners bottom line.
Bill and the other guys that run Arrow Fasteners are just a bunch of
pricks and deserve another hit. (just my humble opinion)

Do the still make them in New Jersey providing jobs for Americans? They
used to buy a part from the company I worked for and helped provide jobs
there also. What did they do to **** you off?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Rich256

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
cm wrote:
Great! Another product to take away from Arrow Fasteners bottom line.
Bill and the other guys that run Arrow Fasteners are just a bunch of
pricks and deserve another hit. (just my humble opinion)

Do the still make them in New Jersey providing jobs for Americans? They
used to buy a part from the company I worked for and helped provide jobs
there also. What did they do to **** you off?

Swingline is owned by ACCO Brands corporation. They were recently spun
off from Fortune Brands.

http://www.accobrands.com/

Swingline is a Long Island company. Was their factory in New Jersey?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

"Rich256" wrote in message

Swingline is owned by ACCO Brands corporation. They were recently spun
off from Fortune Brands.

http://www.accobrands.com/

Swingline is a Long Island company. Was their factory in New Jersey?

What does Swingline have to do with Arrow? Different companies.

I don't know about now, but Swingline used to have a factory on Long Island,
but my last contact with them was about 1980. Things have certainly changed
since then.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Rich256

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"Rich256" wrote in message
Swingline is owned by ACCO Brands corporation. They were recently spun
off from Fortune Brands.

http://www.accobrands.com/

Swingline is a Long Island company. Was their factory in New Jersey?

What does Swingline have to do with Arrow? Different companies.

I don't know about now, but Swingline used to have a factory on Long Island,
but my last contact with them was about 1980. Things have certainly changed
since then.

I don't know where my mind was. I read Arrow but thought Swingline!!
Old age I guess.

Unfortunately I suppose all of them are made in China now. Hard to
compete with a factory that has employees that don't have to pay U.S.
Income tax or Social Security.

And even those foreign companies that have factories here are almost
totally automated. They just assemble foreign made parts. As far as
cars go it is cheaper for them to fill a ship with containers of parts
and assemble them in the U.S. than it is to ship the assembled cars and
worry about getting damaged during shipment.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 25 Feb 2006 20:51:01 -0600, zxcvbob
wrote:

I just bought a new toy today at Menard's; a Surebonder® "All in 1"
staple gun. It takes any size, any brand, heavy-duty staple. I bought
some T50 staples and some #6 galvanized 1/2" staples and it works great
with both of them. I haven't tried any round-crowned electrical staples
yet, but I have a box of those around here somewhere and they ought to
work too.

Now I don't have to worry about whether I need Arrow or Craftsman or
Powerbond (etc) staples and what crown width. The staples load from the
*bottom* and index against the right side.

It was even on sale ($10.75), and the galvanized staples were on
clearance for $1 per 1000. :-)

Easily amused sometimes,
Bob

There is supposed to be a staple gun that shoots brad nails too.
Not sure who makes it.