Posted to alt.home.repair
maxinemovies

Default Problem with LP Gas appliances, new house, help?

Our new manufactured home is nearly ready for move-in. We have
electricity and water. We just needed the propane gas guy to come out
and hook up the hot water heater, furnace and stove.

Well, the stove is fine, but the other two aren't . He starts them up
but after a minute the flame turns from blue to yellow. He says they
just aren't venting for some reason. He went up on the roof and the
stacks look okay. He called his supervisor and described it on the
phone, thinking maybe he missed something, but they're stumped.

I could see if one was buggy, but both? They aren't in the same
location in the house, though they aren't far apart either. The hot
water heater is in a cupboard on the end of the house, accessed by an
outside door. The furnace is in the laundry room. There's a bedroom
between them.

Of course, it's Friday so we can't reach anyone at the manufactured
home dealership. Left a message for them.

We're supposed to move in Monday. We gave our notice at this horrible
apartment, and we scheduled the movers to get this stuff Monday and
bring our stuff out of storage Tuesday. I just checked and they're
booked up for the whole week so we have to keep our dates.

So, I guess we'll stay in a hotel until it's fixed.

Does anyone have any idea why they aren't venting? Why the flames are
burning yellow instead of blue? Please help.

Thanks so much,

Maxi

Email addy upon request.
Posted to alt.home.repair
Speedy Jim

maxinemovies wrote:
Our new manufactured home is nearly ready for move-in. We have
electricity and water. We just needed the propane gas guy to come out
and hook up the hot water heater, furnace and stove.

Well, the stove is fine, but the other two aren't . He starts them up
but after a minute the flame turns from blue to yellow. He says they
just aren't venting for some reason. H

SNIP

I wouldn't automatically assume it's a venting issue,
just because these guys said so.

Could be a problem with maintaining supply pressure
or incorrect ng/lp conversion parts.

Time to get a competent installer in there who can track it down.

Jim
Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

"Speedy Jim" wrote in message

Could be a problem with maintaining supply pressure
or incorrect ng/lp conversion parts.

Time to get a competent installer in there who can track it down.

Jim

That would be my guess also. Could be a defective pressure regulator or
restricted flow. The range takes about 8,000 Btu per burner. The heater
may be 60,000 or 100,000 and is just not getting the fuel it needs.