Posted to alt.home.repair

Default garbage disposal does not work

KitchenAid 150.
I have tried the hex wrench (it moves freely), and the reset button.
It's not working. I get the slight buzz/humm sound when I turn it on.
In the past, once, the hex wrench did the trick.
Please help, this is driving me crazy, thanks.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B

wrote in message
oups.com...
KitchenAid 150.
I have tried the hex wrench (it moves freely), and the reset button.
It's not working. I get the slight buzz/humm sound when I turn it on.
In the past, once, the hex wrench did the trick.
Please help, this is driving me crazy, thanks.

Take a flashlight and look in from the top. Something is keeping it from
spinning.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

Thanks. I just looked at/examined it with a flashlight; there does not
seem to be anything blocking it. The link "news.11407..." did not
work.

Thank you.

Posted to alt.home.repair

oh, that link was this! Sorry about that.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

wrote in message
oups.com...
KitchenAid 150.
I have tried the hex wrench (it moves freely), and the reset button.
It's not working. I get the slight buzz/humm sound when I turn it on.
In the past, once, the hex wrench did the trick.
Please help, this is driving me crazy, thanks.

If it moves freely, hums, but does not start, good chance the motor is dead.
If it is more than a few years old, probably cheapest to replace it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Thanks for the bad news. I will reluctantly get a new unit.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Update: over the weekend, lots of cooking and using the sink, and
hexing it back and forth to help the sink drain. The buzz/humm when I
flip the switch is louder now; it *seems* like it wants to start up.
Like a car that is close to turning over.

Posted to alt.home.repair
sharjonami

Can't help with that but if you decide to buy a new one try this
Company. THey have the only disposer treated with an antimicrobial
agent for odor
protection.http://www.joneca.com/commodore-food...disposers.html