Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Kenmore(Whirlpool) Dishwasher won't start no lights on panel?

My Kenmore (Whirlpool) Dishwasher 665.15955793 won't start and there
are no lights on the front panel either. Can someone help? I have
some electrical/electronic experience and after opening it up have
discovered that there is power to the electronic control unit. I can't
tell if the correct amount of power is coming out to the front touch
control panel or not. I am having difficulty reading the tech sheet.
It looks like I should see power on pins 7 & 8 exiting from the
electronic control unit but I only get about 2 volts? I have also
noticed that there is a brown jumper wire going to the electronic
control unit that has a brown hot spot where it connects to the unit
and there is a brown hot spot on the circuit board on top and bottom.
Do you think that it is a bad electronic control unit or computer
brain? Help please. Thank you.

Kevin Houseman