Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Wet-sanding plaster

Has anyone ever wet-sanded plaster? I just tried it with great
results.

Once I removed the painted, 50 year-old wallpaper from my plaster walls
I had the task of removing the wallpaper paste residue. I tried Dif
wallpaper remover with decent results. The only trouble was that it
was very time consuming: apply to a small area, wait 10 minutes, and
scrub with a wet sponge several times, then repeat for another area.

I've used wet/dry sandpaper before...some bodywork on my cars over the
years and recently to smooth a cast iron table saw top. I thought,
hey, why not remove the paste and smooth the walls in one step?

Yep, I like the results. Smooth walls. And I don't have to wait for
anything to soak in.

Mike

Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob

wrote in message ups.com...
Has anyone ever wet-sanded plaster? I just tried it with great
results.

Once I removed the painted, 50 year-old wallpaper from my plaster walls
I had the task of removing the wallpaper paste residue. I tried Dif
wallpaper remover with decent results. The only trouble was that it
was very time consuming: apply to a small area, wait 10 minutes, and
scrub with a wet sponge several times, then repeat for another area.

I've used wet/dry sandpaper before...some bodywork on my cars over the
years and recently to smooth a cast iron table saw top. I thought,
hey, why not remove the paste and smooth the walls in one step?

Yep, I like the results. Smooth walls. And I don't have to wait for
anything to soak in.

If the walls are smooth, one of those thick fibrous scrubbers works very well
to remove the paste.

Bob

Sanding Plaster Pecanfan UK diy 1 May 25th 05 05:58 PM
plaster and ceramic tile problem - please help Doobielicious Home Repair 2 April 26th 05 04:12 AM
video on plastering TXXT123 UK diy 9 September 2nd 04 11:21 PM
plastering Jon W UK diy 12 March 8th 04 11:13 PM
How can I fix cracks in plaster of old house? Phil Munro Home Repair 5 October 18th 03 10:48 AM