Pecanfan

Default Sanding Plaster

Due to the hash our double glazing fitter made of the plastering around our
new windows, we're going to need to sand quite a bit of it to bring it in
line with the rest of the wall. The new plaster around the window is about
2-3mm lower than the surrounding wall and it doesn't blend in at all (hard
to explain without pictures).

I tried my crappy Wickes £20 orbital half-sheet thing on one of the other
windows. It seemed to do the job, although the dust was pretty bad, the
sander clogged up by the end of it and now the motor makes really dodgy
noises.

Can anyone recommend a better method of smoothing large areas of plaster,
other than ripping the lot off the wall and starting again? Starting to
wish he hadn't bothered - could have done a better job myself!

Also, any tips for seamlessly blending new plaster into old emulsioned
walls?

Andy

Mike

Buy a new B&Q one before you start then take it back once it's b*****ed.

Can anyone recommend a better method of smoothing large areas of plaster,
other than ripping the lot off the wall and starting again?

Unfortunately no.

Also, any tips for seamlessly blending new plaster into old emulsioned
walls?

Rough sand the join a few mm lower and then fill with Polyskim.

plaster and ceramic tile problem - please help Doobielicious Home Repair 2 April 26th 05 04:12 AM
video on plastering TXXT123 UK diy 9 September 2nd 04 11:21 PM
plastering Jon W UK diy 12 March 8th 04 11:13 PM
How can I fix cracks in plaster of old house? Phil Munro Home Repair 5 October 18th 03 10:48 AM
How to do drywall taping without sanding? Eric Ryder Home Ownership 2 July 29th 03 12:30 AM