Posted to alt.home.repair

Default transition from floor to walll

i'm about to lay tile in a bathroom, i have tiled floors and read
several how to's on wall tile.
what i have been unable to find is any information on any way to
transition from the floor to that wall. the same sive and typ eof tile
will be used for both the floor an dt he wall.

can some on please tell me the best way to make the transition

thnaks
finger

Posted to alt.home.repair

makeing the corner between floor and wall. dou you just use squar tile
or is it better to use a tile that is L shaped?

should the wall tile be on top of the floor tile or should the wall
tile be placed first?

Posted to alt.home.repair
SQLit

wrote in message
oups.com...
makeing the corner between floor and wall. dou you just use squar tile
or is it better to use a tile that is L shaped?

should the wall tile be on top of the floor tile or should the wall
tile be placed first?

Does your tile even offer "L's". Most floor tile lines do not have
"specialty" pieces. At least the stores I shop in. (Not the borg stores)

I lay the floor tile to a close tolerance to the wall, 1/8" or less, and
then glue the wall tile to the wall with the same grout joint used in the
floor. 90 degree corner if your lucky.

Posted to alt.home.repair

i havent selected what tile i was goingto use for this project yet, i
wasn't sure how comone L tiles where.

thanks for the help.

Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour

wrote:
i havent selected what tile i was goingto use for this project yet, i
wasn't sure how comone L tiles where.

They're common, just not necessarily in the tile that you want.
They're common in the more basic and commercial lines of tile.

http://www.stonesource.com/hudson.html

For the record, almost all of my jobs have had a 90 degree transition
with the wall tile sitting on top (not literally) of the floor tile. I
then caulk that joint with a color matched caulk.