Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Varin

Default Vinyl Siding - Insulated vs Std

Has anyone worked with the insulated siding available? Looking for advise on
whether it is worth both the expense and having to special order it.
Ed

Posted to alt.home.repair
Kathy

"Ed Varin" wrote in message
Has anyone worked with the insulated siding

available? Looking for advise on
whether it is worth both the expense and having

to special order it.
Ed

I looked at it last year and found that if the
surface you are covering isn't perfectly flat it
won't look right. I had asbestos singles so I
decided against it so I wouldn't have to remove and
dispose of them.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Pop

"Ed Varin" wrote in message
: Has anyone worked with the insulated siding available? Looking
for advise on
: whether it is worth both the expense and having to special
order it.
: Ed
:
:
I wouldn't special order for it, or pay mucho $$$ for it, but ...
I did put some on our back porch when it was built, and what I
have noticed:

-- It shows underneath lack of flatness more then usual (it was
a diy jobg)
-- It's harder to dent and shows a lot fewer defects when it's
hit with pool toys, etc..
That -might- mean a little better cold-weather tolerance
against breakage; can't really say for sure.

Otherwise, no big deal. The stated R value wasn't all that great
compared to what I used in the walls anyway, but for a
non-insulated porch, it did help keep some ofo the summer heat
out once the ceiling was also insulated.

HTH,

Pop

Windows [email protected] Home Repair 7 January 21st 06 01:06 PM
100 yr old house, stucco over wood siding - now vinyl siding on top? [email protected] Home Repair 7 September 26th 05 08:52 PM
Vinyl siding to replace wood siding. ADD Home Repair 7 May 11th 05 02:22 PM
Alternatives to UGLY vinyl siding RB Home Repair 18 December 31st 03 07:26 AM
Vinyl windows and siding: need to make decision Pat Kiewicz Home Repair 1 July 10th 03 03:09 PM