Posted to alt.home.repair
Pop

Default Vinyl Siding - Insulated vs Std

"Ed Varin" wrote in message
news:Ma0Kf.4711$Ug4.540@dukeread12...
: Has anyone worked with the insulated siding available? Looking
for advise on
: whether it is worth both the expense and having to special
order it.
: Ed
:
:
I wouldn't special order for it, or pay mucho $$$ for it, but ...
I did put some on our back porch when it was built, and what I
have noticed:

-- It shows underneath lack of flatness more then usual (it was
a diy jobg)
-- It's harder to dent and shows a lot fewer defects when it's
hit with pool toys, etc..
That -might- mean a little better cold-weather tolerance
against breakage; can't really say for sure.

Otherwise, no big deal. The stated R value wasn't all that great
compared to what I used in the walls anyway, but for a
non-insulated porch, it did help keep some ofo the summer heat
out once the ceiling was also insulated.

HTH,

Pop