Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim

Default Laminate Flooring - estimating required sq ft

Measuring the rooms for square feet is easy enough. What rule of thumb
applies for how much extra to purchase to allow for offset seams and waste?
Posted to alt.home.repair
badgolferman

Jim, 2/18/2006,10:02:39 AM, wrote:

Measuring the rooms for square feet is easy enough. What rule of
thumb applies for how much extra to purchase to allow for offset
seams and waste?

I've been told 10% extra, but I didn't go that much over. Buy 10% more
and take back the unopened boxes.
Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

"badgolferman" wrote in message

I've been told 10% extra, but I didn't go that much over. Buy 10% more
and take back the unopened boxes.

Sounds about right to me.
I got away with less than 5% waste but it will vary depending on room size,
hall width, etc.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Michael Keefe

On 2/18/06 10:02 AM, in article , "Jim"
wrote:

Measuring the rooms for square feet is easy enough. What rule of thumb
applies for how much extra to purchase to allow for offset seams and waste?

The box I got says %15 -%20.. I think I went with 15 and ended up with 2
full boxes leftover (no errors, minimal waste)

Posted to alt.home.repair

20% is probably best and DONT RETURN ANY EXTRA!

Keep a couple boxes for repairs when needed. You might not be able to
get matching material later.

Dont forget to co mingle boxes as you go for a uniform look, including
co mingling extra material.

having extra will be a sales feature when you sell your home

Posted to alt.home.repair
Goedjn

On Sat, 18 Feb 2006 10:02:39 -0500, Jim wrote:

Measuring the rooms for square feet is easy enough. What rule of thumb
applies for how much extra to purchase to allow for offset seams and waste?

Mathematically, half the length of the perimeter, including any
islands and posts. From a practical standpoint, add half a box
to that, and round up.

laminate flooring over cork tiles? Stephane Chazelas UK diy 1 August 3rd 05 03:08 PM
Laminate Flooring John UK diy 4 July 12th 05 02:27 PM
Laminate Flooring [email protected] UK diy 1 June 18th 05 03:32 PM
Laminate Flooring installed parallel direction of natural light? Howie Home Repair 7 February 21st 05 02:46 PM
Survey on laminate flooring options (15 seconds!) Tim UK diy 4 July 27th 04 12:53 AM