Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Kulpa

Default How to properly install insulation under the floor

Greetings,
The house I just moved into has a crawlspace and NO insulation between
the floor joists. With gas heat as expensive as it is now, I want to
install the insulation that SHOULD have been there in the first place.

Does the paper backing on the insulation go up against the underside of
the floor, or down, so I'm looking at it has I install it from inside
the crawl space?

Also, since the joists are 2x12's, should I get 12" thick insulation?

Thanks - just trying to do it right the first time.
steve