Posted to alt.home.repair
elensari

Default Upgrading Services in 1908 original Craftsman home.

Well, thank all of you for all your help and information. All of the
posts were either very useful, or even funny. We toured the house and
it needs a great deal more than just some electric and plumbing. The
electrical was an odd mish-mash of original and some 40's upgrades.
The plumbing was working, so not the first issue.
So where to start... This house has been neglected, not abused. It has
a downstairs room that is all the way down to a 3 ft. deep hole in the
dirt. With boards lying all over the place in pieces. The agaent had
no idea why. I assume from its placement they were attepting to access
some plumbing. The downstairs beyond that was in fairly good shape.
Very cute passthroughs and original built-ins.
The upstairs is in need of a great deal of stabilizing. It owuld need
to be ripped to the studs in my opinion to be able to fix the extensive
water damage. It was very sad seeing all the fallen plaster and
expossed or rotten lathe. She needs a-lot of help to combat her
osteoperosis.
Finally, being in Oregon, and being rained on on the time, it has a
great deal of mould...everywhere. (fuzzy and spots)
We decided to not even consider going for it. It is just too much
work, for us. It would need someone who was committed to restoration
and not worried about the time or cost. Or a contractor who enjoys the
process, and can do most of the work themselves. We are, unfortunately
neither of these people.
If there is anyone who would like to save it, it is at 246 Jefferson in
Sheridan, OR.
Thanks again for all the help.

Upgrading Services in 1908 original Craftsman home. [email protected] Home Repair 20 February 13th 06 05:03 AM
OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
Home Depot Scorns Christian Groups Ben Siders Woodworking 63 August 26th 04 02:52 PM
FA: Original Craftsman (Atlas) Lathe Tool Holder Wally Blackburn Metalworking 0 August 26th 03 05:54 PM