Posted to alt.home.repair
Newfie

Default How to replace the blower drive belt on snowblower?

Hi, I just busted my drive belt on the auger that drives the snow
through the blower. I have taken off the old one and now need to
replace it? Is it just as simple as slipping it on over the fly wheels
or I assume I have to release some kind of tensioner first? Where do I
release the tension? I have a Craftsman snowblower.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Rick

Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K

Newfie wrote:
Hi, I just busted my drive belt on the auger that drives the snow
through the blower. I have taken off the old one and now need to
replace it? Is it just as simple as slipping it on over the fly wheels
or I assume I have to release some kind of tensioner first? Where do I
release the tension? I have a Craftsman snowblower.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Rick

There should be an idler pulley somewhere that is operated by your hand
clutch. The idler should have a spring on it that pulls it back and
leaves the belts loose when the clutch is not pulled. If so, just slip
the belts over the pulleys making sure they go on the correct side of
the idler. Even with tension removed, the belt may be a tight fit to
get it over the pulleys. Put it on one pulley and start it 1/2 way
over the other then rotate the pulley to work it all the way on.

Harry K

Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark

REMOVE THE SPARK PLUG WIRE!!!

You don't want ANY CHANCE of that thing starting while your hands are
in there.

Mark

Posted to alt.home.repair
Special Ed

"Newfie" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi, I just busted my drive belt on the auger that drives the snow
through the blower. I have taken off the old one and now need to
replace it? Is it just as simple as slipping it on over the fly wheels
or I assume I have to release some kind of tensioner first? Where do I
release the tension? I have a Craftsman snowblower.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Rick

Kinda like asking for model-specific auto advice and telling us you have a
Chevy ;-)