Posted to alt.home.repair
roy

Default removing concrete

I have a new home and have discovered two clogged drains, both are
buried in cement. one is partially clogged with cement and the other is
solidly clogged with tar during coating work. Both drains are PVC. how
do I remove it other than roto rooter which has already failed.

Posted to alt.home.repair

what does your builder say?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Slim Bastard

Seeing this all the time. My kids just bought a new home in a subdivision.
The concrete finish both inside and out is just plain lousy.
Skilled workers are so scarce that anyone with a strong back becomes a
finisher. The gal that cuts you hair has more certification & training than
the formers and finishers.
Crete is slopped into drains (covers are supposed to have a knock out on
them to prevent just this). It is slopped into the holes punched for trap
seal primers. Finishers do not install poly under the concrete and never
use styrofoam board under the slab.
Once concrete sets in drains or traps due to slop and overflow, it must be
taken out the next day, anything more means that you will be jackhammering
up floors and replacing drain lines.
wrote in message
oups.com...
what does your builder say?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Art

I'd call up the inspections department and ask for the supervisor of the guy
who signed off on the CO.

"roy" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a new home and have discovered two clogged drains, both are
buried in cement. one is partially clogged with cement and the other is
solidly clogged with tar during coating work. Both drains are PVC. how
do I remove it other than roto rooter which has already failed.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Take them to court if they don't fix it right.

Hwever, if I had t fix it myself I wonder if muratic acid is OK on
PVC....

Posted to alt.home.repair

Hwever, if I had t fix it myself I wonder if muratic acid is OK on
PVC

Thats not a problem provided ALL lines are PVC, any cast iron ones
would be a big problem.acid wqould attack the cast iron...

Muriatic acid is used to clean toilet bowl rim holes from hard water
deposits. did that myself just recently fixing a toilet for a friend
that hadnt worked for years

Removing old tile from CONCRETE EvoDawg Home Repair 4 June 28th 05 01:42 PM
Advice needed for concrete forms for decorative items. DanG Home Repair 0 December 25th 04 10:47 AM
At what temperature does concrete stop curing? Jeff Home Repair 2 November 27th 04 12:31 AM
Concrete shed base Craig Graham UK diy 4 June 29th 04 06:46 AM
Acid vs. concrete. Cafe1 Home Repair 17 May 13th 04 02:39 AM