Posted to alt.home.repair
Nick Hull

Default Shop Vac

In article ,
"John‰]*
************************************************** *************"
wrote:

My 20 year old shop vac went tits up yesterday; slowed to a stop in the
middle of some sawdust, spit sparks from the motor housing and died in
a cloud of electrical smoke as I yanked the plug from the wall. After
a chorus of "Taps", I decided to retire it permanently.

Anyone have a recommendation for a new one? The dead one was a "Shop
Vac" brand. It gave me long and faithful service but was *extremely*
noisy and had one of those annoying hoses that pulled out of the vac
anytime you reached for something with the hose. Looking for something
quieter with a positive latch of some kind for the hose.

John

My shop vac (hoover) did that after 25 years; I just bought new brushes
and installed them plus a drop of grease on the hidden bearing and am
still using it, noise and all.

--
Free men own guns, slaves don't
www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/5357/