Posted to alt.home.repair
dadiOH

Default Shop Vac

John云
wrote:
My 20 year old shop vac went tits up yesterday; slowed to a stop in
the middle of some sawdust, spit sparks from the motor housing and
died in a cloud of electrical smoke as I yanked the plug from the
wall. After a chorus of "Taps", I decided to retire it permanently.

Anyone have a recommendation for a new one? The dead one was a "Shop
Vac" brand. It gave me long and faithful service but was *extremely*
noisy and had one of those annoying hoses that pulled out of the vac
anytime you reached for something with the hose. Looking for
something quieter with a positive latch of some kind for the hose.

Just bought one after my Rigid died. New one is ta da a Shop Vac.
Don't recall the model but they now have "silent" ones. They aren't but
are *much* quiter than vacs used to be. Hose locks too.

--
dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

Posted to alt.home.repair
Big Al

"dadiOH" wrote in message
John云
wrote:
[...]

W.W. Grainger has replacement units for them but they are as expensive as a
new unit.

Al

Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Yanik

"dadiOH" wrote in news:O7oHf.1640$7C3.1629@trnddc08:

John云
wrote:
My 20 year old shop vac went tits up yesterday; slowed to a stop in
the middle of some sawdust, spit sparks from the motor housing and
died in a cloud of electrical smoke as I yanked the plug from the
wall. After a chorus of "Taps", I decided to retire it permanently.

Anyone have a recommendation for a new one? The dead one was a "Shop
Vac" brand. It gave me long and faithful service but was *extremely*
noisy and had one of those annoying hoses that pulled out of the vac
anytime you reached for something with the hose. Looking for
something quieter with a positive latch of some kind for the hose.

Just bought one after my Rigid died. New one is ta da a Shop Vac.
Don't recall the model but they now have "silent" ones. They aren't but
are *much* quiter than vacs used to be. Hose locks too.

IIRC,they are called "QSP" ShopVacs.
some really expensive brands (Fein?) are much quieter.

Wood Magazine ran a test on shop vacs awhile back.Their web site ought to
turn up the article.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Posted to alt.home.repair
dadiOH

wrote:
[...]

That's why I bought a new one. Seems to me manufacturer's should make
parts available at realistic prices. One thing sure...Ridgid is now on
my list. Sucker's can't even spell their name correctly

--
dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

Posted to alt.home.repair
fsteddie

dadiOH wrote:
John云
wrote:

[...]

you kidding me!! it worked hard for 20 years and you wont buy another
shop vac
where is your loyalty to the brand?? nothing works for 20 years anymore..
BUY A NEW SHOP VAC

Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd

On Sat, 11 Feb 2006 20:01:26 GMT, "dadiOH"
wrote:

wrote:
[...]

And somebody can't write "suckers" correctly
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

Posted to alt.home.repair

[...]