Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Malfunctioning Paragon Timer

I have Paragon RW 30 Timer attached to a fan that is part of an
aerobic ((Oldham) waste water system. (You are supposed to run the fan
about 10 to 15 minutes out of each half hour, and the time has a half
hour cycle.) The fan for the system was not working so I bypassed the
timer, and the fan began working again. I fiddled with the dial on the
timer, and after so doing, I checked the outgoing connection to the fan
by plugging it in to a radio, and the radio worked. However, when I
reconnected the fan to the timer, the fan did not run. Does anyone
have any idea as to what is going on?

Thanks JD.

PS I should add that I do not know that much about electrical
appliances, but the timer looks so simple that I decided to see if
something simple wasn't causing the problem.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Berkshire Bill

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have Paragon RW 30 Timer attached to a fan that is part of an
aerobic ((Oldham) waste water system. (You are supposed to run the fan
about 10 to 15 minutes out of each half hour, and the time has a half
hour cycle.) The fan for the system was not working so I bypassed the
timer, and the fan began working again. I fiddled with the dial on the
timer, and after so doing, I checked the outgoing connection to the fan
by plugging it in to a radio, and the radio worked. However, when I
reconnected the fan to the timer, the fan did not run. Does anyone
have any idea as to what is going on?

Thanks JD.

PS I should add that I do not know that much about electrical
appliances, but the timer looks so simple that I decided to see if
something simple wasn't causing the problem.

Does the radio operate by battery power if unplugged? It's possible the
switch won't handle the fan load but works under lighter loads.

Bill

Posted to alt.home.repair
hiebs

the timer has contacts in it that could be pitted not always making a
good contact. with the fan plugged in knock the timer and see if the
fan starts at all. if it does you need a new timer. how old is it?

--
hiebs
hiebs's Profile: http://www.HomeOutfit.com/member.php?userid=69