Posted to alt.home.repair

Default GE Dishwasher died.

We have a GE Profile (GSD4030Z00WW) that stopped working one day while
I was at work. By the time I got home a few days later it was working
again. It died again a few days later but would momentarily flash the
lights while locking the door, now it does nothing. I am trying to
figure out if the problem is the interlock switch, control switch or
sequence switch. I checked the continuity across the interlock switch
and both internal switches were good when closed. I then checked for
voltage to the control switch. Here is what I have -
Green to Black 120v
Green to Black/White 4.5v intrlock open, 120v closed
Black to Black/White 18v open, 0 closed
White to Black 120v
White to Black/White 4.5 open, 120 closed
For those unfamiliar with the wiring or if the colors have a tendancy
to change, the interlock switch 1 has a white/red coming from under the
washer and a white from under the washer with a smaller gauge white to
the control switch. The interlock switch 2 has a black/white from under
the washer with a black white going out to the sequence switch and a
black from under the washer with a smaller guage black to the control
switch. Then the control switch has a 18 gauge green, I assume the
power supply. I think the problem is the control switch since it seems
to be getting power in but no lights,but would like to be a little more
sure before spending $70 on parts. I am lost as to what else needs to
be checked or if the voltages are right. Any thoughts would be
apriciated.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Tom

wrote in message
oups.com...
We have a GE Profile (GSD4030Z00WW) that stopped working one day while
I was at work. By the time I got home a few days later it was working
again. It died again a few days later but would momentarily flash the
lights while locking the door, now it does nothing.

Before doing anything, you might flip the breaker off for a couple of
minutes and then flip it back on and see if the D/W now works. I assume
that since it's the Profile series, it has an all electronic panel. One of
the I/Cs might have taken a static charge and now needs to be reset.
Probably too simple to be the problem but my Sister In Law's GE quit and I
had her flip the breaker and it's been working fine some 6 years later.

Tom G.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Thanks for the reply. I saw that on older post and tried it, no go.
Thanks again.