Posted to alt.home.repair
Michael

Default cement floors

I plan on putting down laminate flooring in about a year, but I'm sick
(almost literally) of my carpet and was thinking of either just living on
bare concrete or should I treat it or paint it until I put the flooring
down? If I need to paint/treat it with something; are there any sites y'all
know of that give good tips?

Michael

Posted to alt.home.repair
badgolferman

Michael, 1/29/2006,4:36:35 PM, wrote:

I plan on putting down laminate flooring in about a year, but I'm
sick (almost literally) of my carpet and was thinking of either just
living on bare concrete or should I treat it or paint it until I put
the flooring down? If I need to paint/treat it with something; are
there any sites y'all know of that give good tips?

Michael

Why in a year? If you must wait how about large area rugs to cover up
the living areas?

--
"Those who stand for nothing fall for anything." ~ Alexander Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair
SQLit

"Michael" wrote in message
news
I plan on putting down laminate flooring in about a year, but I'm sick
(almost literally) of my carpet and was thinking of either just living on
bare concrete or should I treat it or paint it until I put the flooring
down? If I need to paint/treat it with something; are there any sites
y'all
know of that give good tips?

Michael

If your going to cover it anyway do not worry about the epoxy or concrete
stains. Why waste the money and time on the product.

I ripped out the carpet in the house I live in when I moved in. ( about a
year ago ). a lot easier to keep clean, a damp mop or my favorite is the 4
foot wide dust sweeper with a mixture of bleach and orange clean. I bought
the tile for the house recently but I have some ceilings and painting to do
first.

Construction bottom up
finishes top down

Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

"Michael" wrote in message
news
I plan on putting down laminate flooring in about a year, but I'm sick
(almost literally) of my carpet and was thinking of either just living on
bare concrete or should I treat it or paint it until I put the flooring
down? If I need to paint/treat it with something; are there any sites
y'all know of that give good tips?

If something in the carpet is making you ill, the paint you put down may
have an effect on you also, so precede with caution on that. Oil paints
will have much more odor than a latex based paint though. It may look ugly
in the meantime with nothing. Perhaps some cheap throw rugs or even some
cheap vinyl flooring rolled out will do for now.

Posted to alt.home.repair
MattMika

SQLit wrote:

"Michael" wrote in message
news
[...]

Did you have much adhesive under the carpet? How did you get it cleaned up
and how well did it clean up?

My kitchens carpet is looking pretty shabby and I want it gone(there
shouldnt be carpet in kitchens!) but there seems to be a lot of adhesive
underneath.

--
MattMika