Posted to alt.home.repair
Eddie G

Default hanging blind brackets

I got new windows in my daughter's room, and the new window sits closer
in the window frame than the old one. I went to hang up the blinds and
because the window is closer in, when I went to drill a hole for the
bracket screw instead of sheetrock I got the metal strip that builders
put on the edges of where the top of the window frame and the wall
meet. Can I just put the screws in the metal? Do I need anchors if I
screw into the metal?

Thanks!!

Eddie

Posted to alt.home.repair

use sheet metal screws into the metal, it will be more secure than
drywall anchors

Posted to alt.home.repair
Ranieri

wrote in message
ups.com...
use sheet metal screws into the metal, it will be more secure than
drywall anchors

I think he may be talking about corner bead - which has no holding power, of
course. The good news is that there is most likely a stud behind it.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Eddie G

Does the stud go the whole way across the window frame?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Ranieri

"Eddie G" wrote in message
ups.com...
Does the stud go the whole way across the window frame?

If your window is set in a recess, yes the perimeter of that recess will
likely be framed with 2x.